Boreal FET Compressor has been designed to provide your sound with a high dynamic control, optimal for the most state-of-the-art professional recordings.
You only need to follow these steps:
- Step 1: Insert a Boreal FET Compressor in your voice track.
- Step 2: Play around with a slow ATTACK, quick RELEASE, and RATIO 4.
- Step 3: Gradually increase the INPUT control. You will see how the voice compresses until it reaches the forefront of your mix. All without shredding its character.
After a grand piano recording session, some section dynamics may be so high that you must turn them down in the mix... While others are so low that you cannot hear them, isn’t it? Boreal FET Compressor will be your best ally in these scenarios. It allows you to handle the most complex dynamics in the most challenging situations.
Boreal FET Compressor is the perfect tool to insert your bassline. It will balance your basses, bringing a unique robustness to your mix. Thanks to it, you will be able to work with high gain reductions through transparent pumping.
- Line input: Input impedance 600 Ω.
- Line output: Maximum output: +21 dBu 1% THD.
- Frequency response: 0 dB at 20 Hz, -0,5 dB at 20 kHz.
- Harmonic distortion (THD): 4 dBu output, 1 kHz 0,04%.
- Gain level: Up to +45 dB.
- Background noise (Noise floor): Less than 100 dBu.
- Signal to noise ratio (SNR): Greater or equal to 96 dBu.
- Attack time: 20 microseconds to 20 milliseconds.
- Release time: 20 milliseconds to 1 second.
- Ratio: 4:1, 8:1, 12:1, 20:1 and OOMPH! special ratio (super color!).
- Power source: 2 configurable voltage source settings on the back panel 110 V AC 60 Hz and 220 V AC 50 Hz.
- Operating temperature range: Between 32º and 104º Fahrenheit (between 0º and 40º Celsius).
- Power source fuse: 500 mA.
Do you need more reasons to buy it?
Handmade with ❤️ in Madrid.
In order to guarantee the correct electron flux of the analog signal, we put together the finest “through hole” components, instead of robotically assembled miniaturized components. In this way we reduce to the minimum the electronic friction to enhance the thermal response of the equipment and avoid background noises.
Triad Magnetics® and Lundahl® transformers.
Every Boreal FET Compressor is equipped with two transformers:
an original Triad Magnetics® transformer to nurture the power stage, and a Lundhal® transformer for the input stage, thus providing a more stable, precise, and lasting result, that does not generate any type of noise.
Each Boreal FET Compressor also contains one excellent VU meter so that you can accurately control the gain levels of the analog signal.
Gold plated connectors.
When speaking about true ProAudio, all the links of the recording chain are fundamental. Gold plated connectors guarantee the best connectivity, and a total absence of contact noise as well. A real piece of jewelry in your hands.
Made of pure cherry wood.
A picture is worth a thousand words. So, we wanted to ensure that you will know that your Boreal FET Compressor has the makings of a champion only by looking at it. Finished with a warm and resistant natural cherry wood paneling, from sustainable forests, we ensure better thermal insulation and surprising aesthetics. Technology and art in a superb symbiosis.
The cardboard packaging in which we ship our equipment comes from recycled sources and is FSC certified. They are light and resistant, protecting the equipment from impacts during transport, thanks to the air chamber system that keeps the equipment in suspension. With this change, we use fewer raw materials and resources, and we can source locally. You can take it everywhere with you thanks to its handle, keep it to store your equipment, or recycle it.
Branded by fire.
We want you to use your Boreal FET Compressor intensively for decades. That is the reason why the frontal and back panels are laser engraved, avoiding deletion or damage of the screen printing over metal or wood, through time.
Certified Authenticity and Quality.
With your Boreal FET Compressor, you will get a Certificate of Authenticity and Quality, sealed and signed by hand, that contains the results of the technical measurements conducted over the equipment during our extensive quality control. Thoroughness, transparency, and a 5-years warranty.
One device, one tree.
Not only do we create the best products, but we also care about the environment. Therefore, we commit ourselves to plant a tree in exchange for each sold device. You may visit it whenever you want!