Our most aggressive and colorful analog preamplifier.
Calima Preamp Analog Edition TAKE 2 has been designed to provide you with a quick and defined response. It perfectly fulfills the recording needs of drum sets and percussive rhythms for the most avant-garde productions.
Its full-bodied and steady sound lies in the excitation of the even harmonics of the frequency spectrum. That, together with a linear phase distortion, grants a more homogenous sound in the resulting mix. Furthermore, this equipment counts on a quick transient response resulting in an enhanced sound presence sensation.
Bring out the rhythm of your life! Connect your favorite microphone to the Calima Preamp and check the improvement out! The sound you will obtain will reach you with an incredible punch and definition. It will make your sound deeper, colorful, and enhance its presence.
Theater-like sound. Thanks to its linear phase distortion, your voice will sound like an insurmountable wall, enhancing your presence and steadiness. The even harmonics’ excitation will lead to broader and more defined voices. Beyond that, thanks to the transients quick response, voices will come to the very foreground.
Highlight the rhythm! Plug your rhythmic guitars into it, and you will notice an instant improvement by achieving thicker, more defined, punchy guitars. Moreover, because of its dazzling headroom, Calima Preamp will not lose any detail. It enables the composition of passages with the most impressive dynamic changes.
Metal power. Use Calima Preamp to record your electric guitar sessions. You will find out how it can capture all your sound amplifier’s punch. You will get the optimal body to give depth to the sound mix thanks to the excellent management of the middle range of the frequency spectrum.
- Microphone Input: Input impedance: 300 Ω or 1200 Ω when activating HI-Z.
- Instrument Input: Input impedance: 1 Mohm.
- Line Output: Maximum output: +26 dBu 0.1% THD.
- Distortion: 20 dBu output, less than 0,05% in the range of 40 Hz to 10 kHz.
- Frequency response: From 20 Hz to 20 kHz (-0.5 dB).
- Harmonic distortion: 20 dBu output, 60 Hz 0,03%, 1 kHz 0,01%,10 Khz 0,05%.
- Gain level: From +20 dB to +70 dB (in steps of 5 dB).
- Noise floor: Less than -100 dBu.